What is the Taiwan Employment Gold Card?
Launched in 2018, the Taiwan Employment Gold Card is a 4-in-1 card, that includes a resident visa, work permit, Alien Resident Certificate (ARC), and re-entry permit, which allows you to leave and re-enter Taiwan multiple times over the course of 1-3 years. Applicants can apply online without sponsorship.
- Work Permit: Allows cardholders to seek employment freely, obtain employment at any time, work any part-time job legally, and freely change jobs.
- Resident Visa: Long-term visa which allows cardholders to stay in Taiwan for more than 180 days.
- Alien Resident Certificate: A physical ID card proving that you can live in Taiwan legally.
- Re-entry Permit: Allows unlimited entry and exit from Taiwan (even during COVID-19).
Qualification is based on an assessment of your professional skills. You don’t need to have already secured a job in Taiwan. The Gold Card costs anywhere between USD 100 and USD 310 depending on your nationality and the duration of the card.
A perfect application takes 30-days, however, if additional supporting documents are requested, expect a time frame of 50-60 days.
Industries that are eligible to apply for the Taiwan Employment Gold Card:
Please select which single ministry is most relevant, and in most cases also select a specific entry on the list of qualifications in that particular industry for your application.
- Science & Technology (Ministry of Science and Technology)
- Economy (Ministry of Economic Affairs)
- Education (Ministry of Education)
- Culture & Arts (Ministry of Culture)
- Sport (Ministry of Education)
- Finance (Financial Supervisory Commission)
- Law (Ministry of Justice)
- Architecture (The Construction and Planning Agency, Ministry of the Interior)
- National Defense (Ministry of National Defense)
- Special cases that, with consultation, are recognized by the NDC
- This card is an open work permit issued to employment-seeking individuals that require neither pre-confirmed hiring by nor application through any employer.
- Gold Card holders who work in Taiwan for the first time are eligible for a 50% tax deduction on their annual salary income over NT$3 million in the first 5 years.
- Eligible to apply for permanent residency after three years (excluding Hong Kong and Macao residents). Obtaining a Doctorate Degree in the R.O.C counts towards one of the three years that is needed.
- Employment Gold Card holders who are employed to engage in professional work in Taiwan, or who are employers or self-employed business owners in Taiwan, and their dependent relatives, can directly join the National Health Insurance system without having to wait six months for inclusion.