Can Hong Kong and Macau Gold Card Holders apply for permanent residency?

The amendment regarding permanent residency is for foreign employment gold cardholders, not including Hong Kong or Macau residents.

The application of Hong Kong and Macau residents (Hong Kong & Macau gold cardholders included) for residence and settlement in Taiwan is handled in accordance with Articles 16 and 29 of the “Regulations Governing Permits for Hong Kong and Macao Residents Entering the Taiwan Area and Setting up Residence or Registered Permanent Residence in R.O.C” issued by the National Immigration Agency of the Ministry of the Interior.

If you have any doubts about the settlement, please contact the Taiwan-Hong Kong Economic and Cultural Co-operation Council for more information.

  • Phone Number:(02)2700-3199
  • Fax:(02)2700-3200
  • Address:3F, No.2, Alley 17, Lane 147, Section 3, Xinyi Road, Da’an District, Taipei City, Taiwan 106
  • Website