Can I apply for the Employment Gold Card if I hold both a Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Passport and a British National Overseas (BNO) Passport?

Applicants can apply for a Gold Card through their Hong Kong and Macau status. The identity confirmation letter means that people with a HKSAR passport and a BNO passport can apply.

Article 4, Item 1 and Item 2 of the Laws and Regulations Regarding Hong Kong & Macao Affairs states that the term “Hong Kong Residents” refers to persons who qualify for permanent residency in Hong Kong and who do not hold a travel document other than a British (Overseas) passport or a Hong Kong passport.