Do my documents need to be verified by an overseas ROC representative office?

If your documents are issued by the following countries/regions, additional verification is needed: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bengal, Bhutan, Myanmar, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Laos, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Senegal, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, and Indonesia. However, there are some exceptions:

  1. If you are part of a multinational corporations and have been sent to work at a branch office or subsidiary in Taiwan, your proof of work experience (provided by the head office or branch) does not need to be be authenticated.
  2. If you are employed in academic research, and your academic qualifications are from a foreign university or independent college recognized by the government of Taiwan, you do not need to have your academic qualification and work experience documents authenticated.(Refer to “Qualifications and Criteria Standards for foreigners undertaking the jobs specified under Article 46.1.1 to 46.1.6 of the Employment Service Act”(hereinafter this Act) Article 4 Paragraph 1 Subparagraph 11)
  3. If you were a foreign exchange students, overseas students, or other ethnic Chinese students who has graduated from a public or accredited private college or university in Taiwan and are looking to undertake specialized or technical work, your employer does not need to have your documents authenticated in accordance with Article 5-1 of this Act.

The official statement can be seen HERE.

Documents issued in the Mainland area have to be attested and examined by the institutions instituted or appointed by the Executive Yuan, or non-governmental organizations entrusted by the Executive Yuan (Strait Exchange Foundation) following the rule in Article 7 of “Act Governing Relations between Peoples of the Taiwan Area and the Mainland Area.” Please click HERE for more information.