How can I extend my residency if my Employment Gold Card is about to expire?

There are three ways for you to extend your residency:

  1. You can apply for an extension online via the “Foreign Professionals Online Application Platform (Employment Gold Card)” up to 4 months before the expiration date on your Gold Card.

  2. You may apply for the “Employment Seeking Resident Certificate” with 6+6 months validity at a National Immigration Agency Service Center 1 month before your current Gold Card expires. Please note that after obtaining the Employment Seeking Resident Certificate, you will not be able to legally work in Taiwan. Please refer to this LINK for the process for applying for an Employment Seeking Resident Certificate.

  3. Your employer can apply or extend a work permit for you at the Ministry of Labor 1 month before your current Gold Card expires.