How can I extend the visitor visa for my foreign parents?

If you are a visitor visa holder permitted to stay in Taiwan for 60 days or more and your visa does not have the remark “no extension will be granted,” you can apply for an extension at local service centers of the National Immigration Agency (NIA) up to 15 days before the authorized period of stay expires.

  • Here are the required documents for the visitor visa extension:

  • Application Form.

  • Passport (original and one photocopy). Visa (currently in use, either issued abroad or within Taiwan; original and one photocopy).

  • Supporting Documents for Specific Purposes of Stay:

    • Relative’s R.O.C. (Taiwan) ID, household registration, R.O.C. (Taiwan) Resident Certificate, Alien Resident Certificate (ARC), Alien Permanent Resident Certificate (APRC), or Employment Gold Card.
    • Proof of relations (e.g., marriage certificate, birth certificate with parents’ information).

For detailed application instructions for Visitor Visa Extension, please refer to the official website

For related regulations, please see Article 18 of the Act for the Recruitment and Employment of Foreign Professionals