How can I get insurance if I cannot continuously stay in Taiwan for over 6 months?

According to Article 9 of the National Health Insurance Act, without a regular employer, even if they join an occupational union or have a dependent with household registration, must have resided in Taiwan for at least 6 months to join the National Health Insurance. However, if your dependent is a Foreign Special Professional or holds an Employment Gold Card and is already insured, you can immediately join the NHI, according to Article 21 of the Act for the Recruitment and Employment of Foreign Professionals.

If you reside in Taiwan but are unable to meet the requirement of continuous residence for at least 6 months due to frequent overseas travel, and you have a need for medical insurance, we recommend purchasing a life insurance policy through domestic companies to cover it.