How do my spouse and children from Hong Kong or Macao apply for residency in Taiwan?

Dependents (including spouse, underage children, and adult children with physical and mental disabilities) of the Employment Gold Card holder (of foreign nationality or a resident of Hong Kong or Macau) may apply for an entry/exit permit on the National Immigration Agency’s Foreigner’s Online Application System , and then apply for residency at any National Immigration Agency service station after entering the country.

As another way to apply, after entering the country and receiving your Employment Gold Card, your dependents in Hong Kong and Macau can apply to the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office for residency (the Gold Card holder does not need to return to Hong Kong and Macau).

For more information on the required document submissions for residence, please visit HERE .