How to apply for an Alien Resident Certificate for my child born in Taiwan?

If you or your spouse hold an Alien Resident Certificate(ARC) or Alien Permanent Resident Certificate(APRC), and neither of you are citizens of the ROC(Taiwan), you can apply for an ARC for your child within 30 days of the birth by bring the following documents to the National Immigration Agency (NIA):

  1. Birth certificate of the newborn
  2. 2-inch color photo of the newborn
  3. ARC (APRC) of the father or mother
  4. Application fee

Once obtained the passport of your child, please go to the NIA to register the passport number for the ARC. The newborn can apply for health insurance once obtains an ARC. For more information, please refer to the guideline “NHI Enrollment for Infants with Foreign Nationalities Born in Taiwan” . Or dial the National Health Insurance Administration, Ministry of Health and Welfare’s toll-free consultation hotline: 0800-030-598.