I currently live in Taiwan/have an ARC/am on a Tourist Visa in Taiwan, can I still apply for the Gold Card?

Yes, you can apply from anywhere, even within Taiwan. If you have an ARC or are on a Tourist Visa, you can still apply. The Gold Card will just replace your ARC/Tourist Visa.