If I am about to graduate in Taiwan, how do I apply for a residency extension?

Any foreign national entering Taiwan for studying may, after graduation, apply to the National Immigration Agency for an extension of his/her ARC before expiration. The documents required for ARC extension are:

  1. Application form

  2. Passport (original and photocopy)

  3. Alien Residence Certificate ARC (original and photocopy)

  4. Graduation diploma or certificate (original and photocopy)

  5. One colored photo (same specifications as ID photo)

  6. Proof of current residence (if there is change of address)

  7. Fee: NT$500 to NT$1000 (different for Overseas Chinese students, Hong Kong and Macau students, and foreign students)

  8. Letter of Attorney : if applicant is unable to attend in-person

    For instructions on applying for an ARC extension

    For related information, please see Regulations Governing Visiting, Residency, and Permanent Residency of Aliens Article 22-1