If I am unable to apply for the 6-month job-seeking ARC in-person, can I ask someone else to apply for me?
You have two options:
- 1.Apply Online: Utilize the National Immigration Agency’s online portal to submit your application electronically. The National Immigration Agency (NIA) introduced a new online application portal for the convenient extension of Gold Card, Entrepreneur Visa, and Employment Pass Card holders. This platform allows for a streamlined process for a 6+6 extension. Initiate your application by accessing the online application portal
- Appoint Someone: You can appoint someone to handle the application on your behalf
If you are in Taiwan, you may appoint someone to handle the application on your behalf. In this case, your application must include your Letter of Attorney , original passport, original Employment Gold Card, a passport-size color photo taken within 6 months, an application fee of NTD 1,000, and a completed Foreigner Residency (Stay) Application Form .
If you are not in Taiwan, you can ask a friend or family member in Taiwan to apply at a National Immigration Agency Service Center on your behalf. They must prepare the following documents:
- A Letter of Attorney (must be verified by a Taiwanese embassy or overseas mission)
- Photocopy of the passport (authenticated by the overseas mission)
- Your original Employment Gold Card
- A passport-size color photo taken within 6 months
- An application fee of NT$1,000
- A completed application form
Please note: after your application is approved, your agent will need to return to the NIA Service Center, pick up your ARC card, and send it to you overseas, as you will need to present your physical ARC at immigration in order to re-enter Taiwan.
Should you have any questions or concerns about the process, please contact your local National Immigration Agency Service Center