If I hold an ARC, how can I use car rental apps in Taiwan?

When registering for an account on a car rental platform, you will usually be asked to provide:

  1. Alien Resident Certificate (required validity period varies by platform, please see the attachment below)
  2. Credit card (credit card regulations vary by platform, please see the attachment below)
  3. Taiwan Driver’s License (Eligibility: Foreigners must stay in Taiwan for more than 6 months, and their original country’s driving license must be from a country recognized by Taiwan for reciprocal agreement. They may then present their original driver’s license at the Motor Vehicles Office (監理站) and receive a Taiwan driver’s license

For information regarding reciprocal countries, please click here