If my Gold Card is expiring soon, but I want to stay in Taiwan for a short period of time, aside from the Gold Card, what are my other options?

You can apply for a 6+6 month extension of stay at the National Immigration Agency, which will allow you to remain in Taiwan for a maximum of 12 months, but you cannot work. If you want to work in Taiwan, you will need to apply for a work permit.