If the foreign special professional is engaged in other specialized work in Taiwan, is the new employer responsible for his/her work permit application?

The Employment Gold Card and the employment permit are governed by different regulations and qualifications. If the foreign special professional’s application for the Employment Gold Card is approved by the Ministry of the Interior, the Employment Gold Card is regarded as the work permit for the foreign special professional when he or she engages in professional work, without the new employer needing to submit a new application. If the application was made by the employer at the Ministry of Labor, it is necessary for the foreigner to request the new employer to apply for the work permit according to the regulations of the “Act for the Recruitment and Employment of Foreign Professionals” and the “Employment Service Act”. After permission is granted, the foreign special professional may start to work.