Is it possible to change the nationality of Employment Gold Card holders? What are the processes, restrictions, and regulations?

  1. The Employment Gold Card is a 4-in-1 certificate that includes a work permit, residence visa, Alien Resident Certificate, and reentry permit; any change in the card holder’s nationality will invalidate the Employment Gold Card. In the event of the card holder’s change in nationality, they must reapply with their new nationality; once the case has been approved, the existing Employment Gold Card must be cancelled. An Employment Gold Card with the new nationality and existing ID number will be issued but the applicant’s rights for permanent residency will remain unaffected as the period of stay for both cards will be taken into consideration.
  2. The Employment Gold Card holder’s dependents are not required to reapply for residence permits.
  3. When entering Taiwan, the Employment Gold Card holder must provide a passport with the corresponding nationality for inspection; residence entry will be prohibited if the nationality of the original Employment Gold Card has been lost.