Under what circumstances do you not need to apply for a work permit?

According to Article 7 of Act for the Recruitment and Employment of Foreign Professionals, a foreign special professional who meets one of the following conditions need not apply for a permit to engage in professional work in the R.O.C.:

  1. Employed as a consultant or researcher at any level of government or its subordinate academic research institute.
  2. Employed by a public or registered private college/university for lecturing or academic research as approved by the Ministry of Education.
  3. A foreign special professional that has obtained permanent residency.