What happens if I have relatives in Taiwan, but want to apply for health insurance?

You should rely on your working spouse or first-degree relative (parents or children) to apply for insurance as dependents. If they are not working or you have no direct blood relatives in Taiwan, please apply for insurance at the district office in the place of your residence.

For more detailed regulations, please refer to Article 18 of the Enforcement Rules of the National Health Insurance Act .