What is the application channel for Foreign Special Professionals to work in Taiwan?

There are two kinds of application channel. The first one is that foreigners can apply for an employment gold card from the Ministry of the Interior, and the Ministry of Labor will review their qualifications. After the central competent authority approves the application, foreigners can engage in professional work by themselves. The other channel has the employer applying for an employment permit from the Ministry of Labor, with an effective period of five years.