What should Hong Kong and Macao applicants do if they hold dual citizenship?

If you choose to apply as a Hong Kong or Macau citizen, you must give up your other (foreign) citizenship according to Article 4 of Laws and Regulations Regarding Hong Kong & Macau Affairs, the “Hong Kong Residents” as used herein refers to persons who qualify for permanent residency in Hong Kong and who do not hold a travel document other than a British (Overseas) passport or a Hong Kong passport.

Should you choose to apply with your other (foreign) citizenship, you must provide a signed affidavit stating that you will only use your foreign passport (not Hong Kong or Macau passport) to enter Taiwan.