What should I do if my Employment Gold Card is about to expire?

If your Employment Gold Card is about to expire, please apply for the “Employment Seeking Resident Certificate” at a National Immigration Agency Service Center 1 month before your current Gold Card expires. Please note that after obtaining the Employment Seeking Resident Certificate, you will not be able to legally work in Taiwan. Another option is to have your employer apply for a work permit for you at the Ministry of Labor.

Please refer to this link for the process for applying for an Employment Seeking Resident Certificate.