Required Qualifications for ‘Foreign Special Professionals with Specific Financial Expertise’ and Principles for Recognition of Qualifications
According to Subparagraph 2 of Article 4 of the Act for the Recruitment and Employment of Foreign Professionals, a “foreign special professional with specific financial expertise” shall meet one of the following required qualifications:
- Previously or currently holding a position in a foreign state or in the R.O.C. with a most recent monthly salary of at least NT$160,000.
- Based on proof of applicant’s salary in the financial industry.
- Those who have served in a professional position in a financial institution, and have outstanding professional ability or cross-border experience much-needed by the country.
- Applicants shall provide documentary proof of holding a managerial position in domestic or foreign financial institutions for a total of three years, and holding relevant important international financial certificates, such as CFA(Chartered Financial Analyst)、CFP(Certified Financial Planner)、FRM(Financial Risk Manager)、CIIA(Certified International Investment Analysts)、CIA(Certified Internal Auditor)、PRM(Professional Risk Manager)、FSA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries)、FCAS (Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society)、FIA (Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries)、FIAA (Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia)、SEI-KAIIN (Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of Japan), etc.
- Those who are recommended by the Financial Supervisory Commission (FSC), and a relevant financial peripheral institution or association.
The peripheral institutions or associations are as follows:
- Peripheral institutions: Taiwan Academy of Banking and Finance, Joint Credit Information Center, Financial Information Service Co., Ltd., Security and Future Institute, Taiwan Insurance Institute, etc.
- Associations: The Bankers Association of the Republic of China, R.O.C. Bills Finance Association, Trust Association of R.O.C., Taiwan Financial Services Roundtable, The National Federation of Credit Co-operatives R.O.C., Taiwan Securities Association, Chinese National Futures Association, Securities Investments Trust and Consulting Association of the R.O.C., The National Federation of Certified Public Accountants Association of the Republic of China, The Life Insurance Association of the Republic of China, The Non-Life Insurance Association of the R.O.C., Insurance Agency Association of the Republic of China, National Taiwan Association of Insurance Brokering Companies, etc.
- A present or former chairman, general manager, director, supervisor, or important senior executive of a financial institution.
- Applicants shall provide proof of employment; “important senior executive” refers to those who have held a position of manager level or above for a total of five years in financial institutions.
- A financial professional needed by the government to promote a key industry (such as financial technology, e-commerce, digital economy, technology management, and green energy technology, etc.).
- Applicants shall provide documentary proof of holding a financial position in a key industry for a total of three years, and describing concrete achievements beneficial to the development of the industry.
- A potential contributor to the country’s financial industry.
- Applicants shall provide relevant documents which show they have academic qualifications and employment experience in key industries promoted by the government (as set out in the preceding point) which are sufficient to support recognition that they have the potential to contribute to the country’s financial industry, and those documents have been approved by the FSC.